The math track has courses specifically created and designed by the math faculty to address the needs of new and current K-12 schoolteachers.
Concentration curriculum (30 credits)
Please visit VCU Courses for information on course offerings.
- MATH 131 Introduction to Contemporary Mathematics
- MATH 211 Mathematical Structures
- MATH 255 Introduction to Computational Mathematics
- MATH 303 Investigations in Geometry
- MATH 310 Linear Algebra
- MATH/OPER 327 Mathematical Modeling
- MATH 351 Applied Abstract Algebra
- MATH 554 Using Technology in the Teaching of Mathematics
- Two additional courses at the 200 level or higher in mathematics, science, teaching mathematics and/or science (with adviser’s approval); EDUS 300 Foundations of Education and/or EDUS 301 Human Development and Learning may be used if the student is preparing for teaching.