The biology track is designed for students pursing interests in scientific resesearch, teaching, or industry.
Concentration curriculum (35-36 credits)
Please visit VCU Courses for information on course offerings.
- BIOL 152 Introduction to Biological Science II and BIOZ 152L Introduction to Biological Science Laboratory II
- BIOL 300 Cellular & Molecular Biology
- BIOL 310 Genetics and BIOZ 310L Laboratory in Genetics
- BIOL 317 Ecology
- CHEM 102 General Chemistry and CHEZ/FRSZ 102L General Chemistry Laboratory II
- GEOG/ENVS 105 Physical Geology and GEOZ/ENVZ 105L Physical Geology Laboratory or GEOG 204 Physical Geography and GEOZ 204L Physical Geography Laboratory or other (approved) 200 level class with lab
- PHYS 202 General Physics or PHYS 208 University Physics II
- One upper-level animal course
- One upper-level plant course
- One upper level plant or upper level animal course with laboratory
- One upper level BIO elective
- INSC 490 Capstone research experience in Interdisciplinary Science