The Interdisciplinary Sciences Program at Virginia Commonwealth University considers academic advising a cooperative effort between the advisor and the student. Faculty advisors provide recommendations to their advisees in terms of academic planning and career goals, and expect their advisees to take a continuous, active role in this process. The student has the ultimate responsibility of his/her schedule and academic plans, including adherence to all deadlines set by the University as indicated on the academic calendar and meeting degree requirements as specified in the VCU Undergraduate Bulletin.
Our goal is to make available all the information necessary for you to make the very best choices in your upcoming enrollment while facilitating a timely graduation which will save you money in the long run! We strongly recommend every student meet with an advisor prior to registration every semester to ensure accurate course selection and timely progress towards degree completion.
First Year Students
- Advised by Strategic Enrollment Management
- Located in Hibbs Hall. Contact Info 804-827-8648 or
- Through your vcu.edu myVCU portal. Log in with your EID and password and look for the link advisor information for students
Sophmores, Juniors and Seniors 25 credits or more (Interdisciplinary Science Majors, All Concentrations)
- Departmental adviser assist with course selection to help students make timely and accurage progress towards degree completion
- An adviser is assigned to each junior and senior level student in the major program.
Sophmores, Juniors, and Seniors 25 credits or more (Science Majors with Health and Professional School Tracks)
- Advising on course selection and application strategy to enter professional level programs in the health sciences
- Advised by Executive Director of Health Sciences Programs and Advising, Dr. Seth Leibowitz
- Advising Location: 500 AC (1020 West Grace Street), Rm. 102B
- Appointments can be scheduled through your vcu.edu myVCU portal. Log in with your EID and password and look for the link advisor information for students